- DEAL CLOSURES MAKES E.ON THE OFFICIAL PARTNER OF ENERJİSA
- ENERJISA AIMS TO BE A REGIONAL POWER IN THE NEW PERIOD AND SCALES UP ITS TARGETS
- ENERJISA WIDENS ITS BUSINESS PORTFOLIO BY ADDING NATURAL GAS IMPORT AND TRADING ACTIVITIES
- SABANCI HOLDING CHAIRMAN GÜLER SABANCI: “I BELIEVE ENERJISA WILL REACH ITS NEW AND AMBITIOUS TARGETS AS THE LEADING AND THE MOST INNOVATIVE ENERGY COMPANY OF TURKEY ALONG WITH THE CONTRIBUTION OF E.ON, WHO IS EAGER TO GROW IN TURKISH MARKET.”
- “WE ACHIEVED SUCCESS ON ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION TENDERS THROUGH INTENSE SUPPORT AND DETERMINATION OF OUR NEW PARTNER, E.ON.”
- E.ON CEO DR. JOHANNES TEYSSEN: "TODAY MARKS ANOTHER IMPORTANT MILESTONE IN E.ON’S DEVELOPMENT AS A GLOBAL ENERGY SOLUTIONS COMPANY.”
- “OUR NEW PARTNERSHIP CONFIRMS E.ON’S STRATEGIC BELIEF IN THE GROWING TURKISH MARKET AND OUR FAITH IN ENERJISA AS A STRONG PLAYER IN THIS MARKET.”
The asset swap between Verbund and E.ON, one of the world’s largest investor owned electricity and natural gas companies, for 50% share of Enerjisa has been finalized. In the new era, Sabancı Holding and E.ON will be 50:50 partners in Enerjisa as joint shareholders.
Along with Sabancı Holding and E.ON partnership; the new term targets of Enerjisa are defined as being a regional power aiming to have 7,500 MW installed capacity and to serve over 6 million distribution customers by 2020. Moreover, as a market player in the natural gas sector, Enerjisa will also add natural gas import and trading activities to its business portfolio.
Sabancı Holding Chairman Güler Sabancı said: “I believe Enerjisa will reach its new and ambitious targets as the leading and the most innovative energy company of Turkey along with the contribution of E.ON, who is eager to grow in Turkish market. We achieved success on electricity distribution tenders through intense support and determination of our new partner, E.ON. Together with E.ON’s faith and confidence in Turkey and Enerjisa, we will continue to contribute to the sustainability of Turkish electricity and natural gas markets in all aspects.”
E.ON CEO Dr. Johannes Teyssen said: “Today marks another important milestone in E.ON’s development as a global energy solutions company. By finalizing the acquisition of a stake in an established and successful power company with nearly 2 gigawatts already in operation, we’ve given E.ON a significant market position in Turkey, which is one of our target growth markets. This confirms E.ON’s strategic belief in the growing Turkish market and our faith in Enerjisa as a strong player in this market. Enerjisa’s successful participation in the recent privatization auctions for two power sales and distribution companies will enable the company to significantly increase its access to end-consumers, thereby achieving an important strategic objective at a fair price. Our value-enhancing partnership with Sabanci will combine our expertise and resources to build one of Turkeys leading power companies.”
Enerjisa, who has set its 2015 target of installed capacity as 5,000 MW in 2006, has already overreached its target in 2013, by building up a 5.300 MW portfolio of approximately 1.800 MW in operation, approximately 2.000 MW under construction and approximately 1.500 MW in engineering stage. Enerjisa also serves over 3.6 million customers in Başkent electricity distribution region. When the take over process of Ayedaş and Toroslar Electricity Distribution Regions are completed, Enerjisa will be serving over 9 million customers in distribution.